Fitness trackers have become a must-have in today’s world and are an essential way to continuously monitor your activity and health with little to no effort. Most of the best and newest devices on the market keep tabs on all aspects of your daily activity without you even noticing, walks, steps, workouts, heart rate, stress and everything in-between with precise accuracy and then display all that data for you to view on your smartphone. On top of this, for those worried about looks and perceptions, they look fantastic and will send the signals to anyone seeing you wearing one, that you care about your well-being.
Think of them as an electronic finger on the pulse, constantly measuring your vitals, quality of sleep and step count. Not only that, but they also provide a fantastic encouragement to not only getting fit, but staying fit. By simply wearing one you will feel motivated to get active, your mindset will change and almost without realising you will start making decisions about your food, lifestyle and routine that will improve your overall health and those around you.
The current breed of fitness trackers are all fantastic devices, most of which can do a pretty good job overall, but we only suggest to you on this shortlist the ones we think are the best.
If interested in more feature rich or sport-specific devices, check our shortlists for the best smartwatches in 2019 with offerings from Apple, Fitbit or Ticwatch and best sports watches in 2019 with offerings from Suunto, Garmin and more, where you will have a range of devices targeting more specific wristwear demands.
– USB-direct-plug charging The built-in USB plug of Huawei Honor Band 5i fits in general USB chargers so you charge it anywhere. A single charge powers the band with more than 9 days of using time
– True color display: It adopts 0.96-inch touch screen, which is slightly larger in size than Band 5 and can display 30 characters per screen.
– Health monitor: Support SpO2 blood oxygen detection and 24-hour heart rate monitoring. Support Huawei TruSleep 3.5, non-visible sleep monitoring to avoid nighttime light interference.
– 9 sports modes: Outdoor running, indoor running, outdoor walking, outdoor riding, indoor cycling, free training, indoor walking, rowing machine, elliptical machine.
– Multiple smart reminders and remote control camera and music.
– 5 ATM water resistance. MIL-STD-810G: compliant – salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation, transport and thermal shock resistant
Full-Color AMOLED Display
– Keep up your routine for even longer. With plenty of power to last throughout your daily workouts, you can pack in those long hours to reach your fitness goals. What’s more, you won’t have to worry about disruptive battery discharge when tracking your activity.
– Push yourself that much further when setting your fitness goals. Galaxy Fit is compliant with military-level durability standards and has a water resistance of 5ATM. You can take your workout outside without having to worry about dust or rain getting in the way
– HRM, Accelerometer
Utilize 24/7 heart rate to more accurately track calorie burn, resting heart rate & heart rate zones during workouts.
Track all-day activity, including steps, distance, hourly activity, active minutes and calories burned. The Fitbit inspire band is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches, and fastens with a peg and loop.
Automatically track sleep, plus due to the heart rate feature, get more insights into your light, deep & rem sleep stages.
Enjoy up to 5 days of battery for daily progress without constant charging. Varies with use and other factors. Charge time (0-100 per cent): 2 hours, and more.
Mi band 4 can not only remind you via vibrating when your phone receives calls, messages or other notifications from app (Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, WeChat) but also displays details on the screen directly, such as readable content of massage and name or ID of the caller etc.
Count steps, distance, calories burned
6 Workout Modes: Treadmill, Exercise, Outdoor Running, Cycling, Walking, Swimming
With Fitbit Charge 4, there’s no limit to how far you can go. This sleek, swim-proof tracker is packed with features that help you know your workouts and your body better—like built-in GPS, Active Zone Minutes, new exercise modes and sleep tracking. Plus, with Fitbit Pay and up to 7-days of battery life, you get more convenience on the go and more inspiration to reach your fitness goals.
The vívosmart HR+ not only does it count steps, calories, floors climbed and intensity minutes, it also uses GPS satellites to track where you jog or walk, how far and how fast. Pair it with your smartphone to control music, and stay connected with smart notifications that include email, text, social media alerts and more. It automatically syncs with the Garmin Connect mobile app, where you can receive meaningful digital insights such as daily motivation and healthy tips when paired with a compatible smartphone.
There’s a lot of get-up-and-move packed into this activity tracker. Though it’s compact enough to suit any occasion, vívosport features built-in GPS, which lets you accurately track your activities outside while also including a variety of indoor activities. It brings you fitness monitoring tools and all-day stress tracking plus handy connected features, including automatic uploads to our Garmin Connect online fitness community. It’s the complete activity tracking package.
The New 2016 Edition features a new more durable and secure band! Imagine you’re running when you hear a voice chime in your ear, “You’re 10 meters behind your target. Push a little harder, you can still beat your goal.” Only MOOV NOW measures your exact movement and analyzes it in order to coach your form and efficiency. With MOOV’s real-time audio coaching pushing you to improve throughout each workout, bringing your fitness and workout experience to a whole new level. With the free MOOV app, we offer free guided programs in sports including running, cycling, swimming, body weight training, and cardio boxing. MOOV NOW for swimming offers the most advanced swim tracking and stroke detection available so you can focus on your swim, not counting laps.
Get the power of continuous heart rate in Fitbit’s slimmest design yet-all day, during workouts and beyond
With heart rate, you can better measure calorie burn, and use zones (Fat Burn, Cardio, and Peak) to find the right workout intensity for your goals.
With sleep stages powered by PurePulse heart rate, automatically track your time spent in light, deep and REM sleep and take steps toward a better night’s rest.
See how working out more can improve your health by comparing your resting heart rate trends to your activity.
Automatically track your steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes with up to 7 days of battery life