When you buy something from Geartek using the retail links in our product reviews and pages, we earn a small affiliate commission.
- View as:
- Sort by:
Best Diaper Pails
Diaper pails or diaper bins help to keep the odor contained and locked in, so your nursery doesn't, well, stink. Nobody likes to enter a room that smells of dirty diapers stinking up your nursery. This is the purpose behind a diaper pail. These specially designed trash cans employ mechanisms to seal off the scent and lock odors in, in order to keep your baby’s room from smelling like hell on earth. So, choosing the best diaper pail for you can be a big deal and it is worth thinking about.
Do You Need a Diaper Pail?
To be honest, a diaper pail isn’t an absolute necessity but if you value odor-free environment and wants to keep your sanity, you will soon run to buy one of these, or else not just the nursery but the entire apartment or house will stink. It is not a matter of if but of when.
If you want to minimize the smell of dirty diapers, you basically have two options. The first is quite a time-consuming process and involves you running every used diaper to an outside trash can. Imagine that in the middle of the night. Alternatively, you can use a diaper pail and make your life a lot simpler. They’re designed to lock in the formidable odor of soiled diapers, these containers help reduce unpleasant odors.
You’ll be using your diaper pail from day one and into toddlerhood, so it is an investment worth making that will last for years. In addition to this, you could use some diaper pails as regular trash cans once the diaper days have passed.
What to Consider When Choosing a Diaper Pail
While all diaper pails try to conquer the smell issue, different models offer various benefits. Here are some things to think about when making your decision:
- Liners: Some diaper pails require special refills, which can add up. Others let you use regular kitchen trash bags.
- How to get the diapers in: Most diapers pails have either a squeegee contraption you push the dirty diapers through, or a trap door or a simple hole that the diaper can fall through.
- How to get the diapers out: Will you need to lift a bag full of diapers out of the container? Or is there a side door for easy access to the bag?
- Create the freshest nursery with the STEP diaper pail, proven #1 in odor control; Material Plastic
- Get a pail, give a tree for every diaper pail sold, Munchkin will plant a tree.
- Self-sealing system seals the bag shut as the lid closes.
- Dual refill compatible the only system that works with both rings and snaps, seals and toss bags.
- Measures 27inches H x 12inches D and it comes with an easy to use step pedal
No special bags, refills or inserts are required with the Ubbi diaper pail saving time and money unlike other pails on the market
The Ubbi diaper pail won NINE awards proving parents and experts approval
Unlike plastic, steel is not porous and keeps the smell shielded inside
Ready right out of the box, simple to use and not prone to breakage
Keeps little hands from finding their way inside the Ubbi diaper pail