When you buy something from Geartek using the retail links in our product reviews and pages, we earn a small affiliate commission.
- View as:
- Sort by:
VR headsets: HTC Vive, Oculus, PlayStation VR Head-to-Head.
Virtual reality is no longer a gimmick but serious business (and fun!) and 2019 brings a big collection of VR headsets to choose from, from high-end PC-based setups to standalone headsets all the way down to mobile VR. Many of them offering different kinds of experiences, different kinds of hardware, different requirements and a lot of great deals to confuse matters even more. With such a growing number of options, the question is, which is the best VR headset out there right now?
The Oculus Rift has probably better games, superb touch controllers and the addition of room-scale tracking have come together to make this one of the most polished, high-end VR experience around. Vive is also excellent (and still offers the best room scale), while the Sony PlayStation VR is a big seller thanks to its significantly lower price and the ubiquity of PlayStation 4 consoles ready to run it. More advanced VR headsets have come to the fore, like the HTC Vive Pro. Of course, on the flip side are the standalone VR headsets, namely the Lenovo Mirage Solo and Oculus Go VR.
The best on the market right now, the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStation VR, are unsurprisingly also the most expensive of all VR options. If you’re not familiar with these, gambling on which one to buy could be a very costly mistake to make.
- FREE CONTENT WITH PURCHASE – Two-month free trial of Viveport Subscription included with your purchase.
- FULLY IMMERSIVE – True-to-life movements with realistic graphics, directional audio and HD haptic feedback.
- PRECISION MOVEMENT TRACKING – 360-degree controller and headset tracking covers your movements to the millimeter, floor-to ceiling.
- FLEXIBLE PLAY AREA – Room-Scale VR with just two base stations. Use VIVE seated, standing or in a space up to 15 feet x 15 feet.
- POWERED BY STEAM VR – Enjoy over 2800 games for SteamVR, plus everything you love about Steam, including new releases, automatic game updates and millions of your closest friends, in VR.
Meet Mirage Solo: The world’s first standalone VR Headset with Google Daydream.
Stow away the phones, the expensive PCs and the cumbersome cables and just enjoy awesome, high-quality VR without any extra hassle.
Deploy Google’s powerful WorldSense technology to lean, dodge, duck, move, avoid obstacles, and move naturally through an ever-growing library of virtual worlds.
You can even get the full picture in your virtual world without turning your head, thanks to a 110° Field of View.
Oculus Go is a whole new way to watch in VR. With crystal clear optics and state-of-the-art 3D graphics, the headset feels more like a personal theatre. Just put it on, switch it on, and enjoy the littlest, big screen around. Watch a movie on a 180” inch screen, catch a sold-out concert from the front row, or just hang out with friends from anywhere. It’s portable, comfortable, and designed to be ready when you are. That means no wires, no PC, and no phone to drop in. All you have to do sit back, relax, and go. Immerse yourself in over 1,000 games, social apps, experiences and more.
Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 mobile platform means low power, high-quality audio, video and interaction wherever you are. No strings attached.
- Get 6 free titles, including Robo Recall, Luckyʼs Tale, Quill, Medium, Dead and Buried, and Toybox
- Riftʼs ultra-low-latency tracking offers unparalleled immersion
- The Oculus Touch controllers bring your hands into VR, letting you interact naturally with the virtual world
- NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti/AMD Radeon RX 470 or greater Graphics Card Required and a RAM of 8 GB+ RAM
- Windows PC and internet connection required – review recommended specs to confirm system compatibility
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Contains: PlayStation VR headset, Processor unit, PlayStation VR headset connection cable, HDMI cable, USB cable, Stereo headphones, AC power cord, AC adaptor, PlayStation VR Demo Disc
- Games Come First – With gamers in mind, PlayStation delivers a new world of unexpected gaming experiences through PlayStation VR.
- Just Plug and Play – Getting into PlayStation VR couldn’t be easier. Just plug the PlayStation VR headset and your PlayStation Camera into your PlayStation 4 system. Sold separately.
- Advanced VR Display – Seamless visuals keep you connected to the virtual world through an expansive 5.7” OLED 1080p display running at up to 120 frames per second.