Most modern laptops have 3 USB ports and of these ports, only one supports USB 3.0 standard. Desktop PCs may have more ports, but most likely, they are all USB 2.0. Which is a pity because USB 3.0 has 10x more transfer speed than USB 2.0, offers more power and helps in saving energy by reducing power consumption when maximum load is not needed. Without a shadow of a doubt that you want to run all your data transfer devices through the USB-3 port as the transfer rates are exponentially higher than USB-2. Having set that point straight, and even if we put all these differences aside, the total number of available ports in any computer sometimes is not enough to cater for all our USB devices.
Let’s put this vision to the test. You want to charge a phone, use a USB keyboard and mouse, an external hard drive, a card reader, printer, scanner, and a webcam. All of which need to be connected at the same time. You’ll wonder, how? All you need is a USB hub to expand your system’s current limitations. USB-3 hubs are devices that will increase the total number of ports available on your computer through a single USB connection.
Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub
With SuperSpeed USB 3.0, you can now transfer data at up to 10 times the speeds of the older USB 2.0 standards. Speeds of 5Gbps are a vast improvement over USB 2.0’s 480Mbps top speed. The Sabrent 4-Port USB Hub utilizes the most advanced technology, but it is also backwards compatible, allowing you the capability of using USB 2.0/1.1 products if need be.
Sabrent 60W 7xPort + 3xSmart Charging USB 3.0 Hub
The 10-Port USB 3.0 Hub from Sabrent is designed to expand the USB connectivity of your computer so you can use and charge multiple peripherals at the same time. This USB hub features ten USB 3.0 Type-A ports, each of which features its own individual power switch and a data transfer rate up to 5 Gb/s. The hub is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems; and with its plug-and-play design, you can get up and running the second you plug in this hub’s USB 3.0 Type-A connector.
Plugable 10-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Hub
- The hub itself requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later.
- Installing the latest USB 3.0 xHCI host controller drivers is recommended. This hub is not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers.
- Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCI Express add-on cards may not work with this or any USB 3.0 hub.
- The Apple SuperDrive is not compatible (see Apple HT201788).
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs.
Lenovo USB 3.0 Hub, 4 Ports USB 3.0 Data Hub
- Expands one of your laptop’s USB 3.0 port into 4 so that you can connect more devices like USB flash drive, smartphones, camera to your laptop
- USB 3.0 ports support super-fast data transfer up to 5Gbps, allowing you to transfer an HD movie in just seconds; backward compatible with USB 2.0/1.1
- Compatible with most operating systems like Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and Mac OS 10.6 and later
Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Ultra Slim Data Hub
Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub. Sync and manage your files faster than ever. Slim, yet durable design easily slips into your pocket or computer bag. Turn 1 port into 4 USB 3.0 enabled ports and do more with your computer.
A reinforced cable, sturdy exterior and heat-resistant connectors give this hub incredible durability. Built to perform. Transfer data at speeds of up to 5 Gbps. That’s fast enough to transfer a full HD movie in just seconds.
Weighing around an ounce and 0.4 inches thin, the Anker Ultra Slim Hub is designed to be as portable as possible. Perfect for static use and on-the-go