When you buy something from Geartek using the retail links in our product reviews and pages, we earn a small affiliate commission.
- View as:
- Sort by:
It can be really frustrating once you buy your brand new laptop, to discover you have limited connectivity. You might have 1 or 2 USB-C ports and that’s that. Don’t despair, those poor pack quite a punch and all you need is the ability to tap into all that power under the bonnet. A USB-C hub will allow you to use our USB drives, camera memory cards, external display, ethernet cable or charge the laptop while using another USB-C device.
The need for a USB-C hub is the irritable side-effect of the global trend of making lighter and thinner notebooks, following the trend started by Apple with the fancy ultra-thin modern laptops and MacBooks shunning old ports in favour of the newer multi-faceted USB-C format. If you want to use your laptop accessories, a USB-C hub is a must to make up for any missing ports as well as expand your display setup.
We’ve included below a range of adaptors that come with multiple ports to cover pretty much any requirements. We are giving you a list of adapters as well as hubs in order to keep the selection relevant depending on your requirements.
Only 3/8″ thin! Thinner than the MacBook Pro. The ultimate portable USB C Hub with the thinness and lightness without compromising connectivity. 2 USB 3.0 ports. SD and Micro SD card readers. HDMI – 4K video output for crystal clear images on your monitor or TV screen. USB C Power Delivery to charge your laptop and to provide power to your connected devices.
- THUNDERBOLT 3 PORT: Video up to 5k or two 4K@60Hz, OR 40Gb/s data transfer OR charge MacBook Pro up to 100W of power. Capable monitors such as the LG Ultrafine 4K will allow video output and charging of the MacBook Pro at the same time.
- OTHER PORTS: 2 USB 3.0 ports for up to 5Gb/s data speed, USB-C data port up to 5Gb/s data speed (DATA ONLY), Micro SD and SD card readers up to 104MB/s, DOES NOT HAVE HDMI PORT (look for our MacBar)
- Instant Expansion: USB-C Hub with 100W PD charging port, 4K Ultra HD HDMI Port, 3 x USB 3.0 Ports, 5Gpbs SD Card Slot
- 100W PD Power Delivery: Charging your MacBook or other type-C port devices while connecting multiple peripherals and transferring data
- 4K Ultra HD Video: Mirror or extend your screen with USB C Hub HDMI port and directly stream 4K UHD or Full HD 1080p video to HDTV, monitor or projector
With the 13 ports you need, OWC’s new Thunderbolt 3 Dock brings unbelievable connectivity to your laptop through an included Thunderbolt 3 cable, and, delivers charging power to your laptop and other devices, all at the fastest speeds possible. Thunderbolt 3 Dock delivers more connectivity, more power, and charging capability than ever before all at the fastest speed available today so all your connected devices perform at their maximum. Drive two 4K displays, connect and charge up to six USB devices, work with legacy FireWire storage, enjoy pristine audio, wired networks, and read SD cards, all at twice the speed of Thunderbolt 2 and all through a single cable. The possibilities are endless
- HIGH-SPEED PORTABLE USB-C HUB: supports data transfer rates up to 5Gb with USB Hub 3.0 ports. Backwards compatible with USB 2.0 peripherals devices
- USB HDMI ADAPTER: Mirror your laptop screen, stream crystal clear video with resolution up to 4K UHD 30Hz or Full HD 60Hz to TV or monitor. USB C to HDMI adapter perfect for presentation, training events or movie nights in high quality
- CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: USB-C USB hub – Connect flash drive, dongle, charge your smartphone or laptop via Power Delivery usb c multiport splitter