Using it is super simple. Just remove your HDD and then insert it into this device. You plug it into your USB and the new computer reads it as a read-only drive. Just copy the files you need and you’re good to go. It took about 15 minutes to copy over a 32 GB iPhoto library and the rest of the files were a breeze. Considering the ease and price of this item, the value here is tremendous. We would highly recommend it to anyone who needs to salvage files from a compatible HDD that comes from an older or non-functional computer.
User Review( votes)
ORICO SATA 2.5″ Enclosure USB3.0 to SATA III 2.5″ External Hard Drive Enclosure for 7mm and 9.5mm 2.5 Inch SATA HDD/SSD
The ORICO SATA 2.5″ Enclosure is ideal for harnessing your old 2.5 “HDD and SSD hard drive as an external USB drive, it will provide you with greater convenience of use and versatility of digital data storage. An ideal choice for digital lovers, movie lovers and business elites.
- Supports all standard 7mm/9.5mm 2.5 inches SATA I/II/III HDD and SSD up to 2TB(Max)
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000/Windows 98/ XP /Vista/ 7/ 8/10, Linux, Mac OS 9.1/10.8.4 above
- Tool-free installation; hot-swap plug and play; LED indicator; No Reboot or Additional Driver needed;
- Metal-like brushed casing, ABS material, designed to be a beautiful addition to your desk
SuperSpeed USB 3.0 has a maximum data transfer rate of 5Gbps, 10 times faster than USB 2.0, 20% faster than traditional USB 3.0. The housing provides with UASP Transfer Protocol, which reduces CPU utilization, data delay and waiting time.
Easy Usage, Full Protection
- Plug and play, no driver needed.
- Easy assembly in seconds, tool-free.
- Equipped soft EVA foams on inner sides, protecting your hard disks from improper shaking and scratches.
Looking for alternative 2.5″ HDD cases that better suit your needs? Check out our 2.5″ HDD housings page for more in-depth reviews.