Plugable USB 3 Hub 10-Port USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Hub with 48W Power Adapter
The Plugable USB3-HUB10C2 expands USB connectivity by enabling up to ten USB 3.0 or 2.0 devices to be added to any USB 3.0 or 2.0 capable desktop, laptop, or tablet computer. The Plugable USB 3 Hub supports USB 3.0 transfer rates up to 5Gbps (640MBps) to allow data to move quickly between devices, ideal for high-throughput devices such as USB external hard drives, flash drives, and USB graphics adapters.
Most computers have an average of only 4-6 USB ports. With so many devices we depend on daily, that’s just not enough. With USB ports on both the front and the rear, along with two flip-up ports that swivel to a vertical position to allow easy insertion of devices, this hub is perfect for minimizing desktop cable clutter.
USB has become more than a way of connecting devices to a computer with plug and play ease and high performance, it has also become the method of choice to power and charge a huge range of portable battery-powered devices like cell phones, tablets, USB battery packs, handheld game consoles, e-readers, e-cigarettes, cameras, smart watches, fitness trackers, bicycle lights, and many more.
The Plugable USB 3 Hub HUB10C2 features three internal VIA Labs VL812 B2 USB 3.0 hub chipsets with the latest 9091 & 9095 firmware for maximum forward and backwards compatibility between nearly all USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. The VIA Labs VL812 B2 USB 3.0 hub chipset is a 3rd generation solution which emphasizes high performance and high power efficiency.
Included with the Plugable USB 3 Hub HUB10C2 is a robust 48W (12V, 4A) UL certified power adapter with a removable 6-foot power cable (standard IEC320 C13). In addition, the power supply supports 100-240V at 50/60Hz. With an AC outlet adapter (not included) it can be used worldwide. Also included is a 3 foot/1m USB 3.0 A to B cable to connect the hub to the host computer.
- The Plugable USB 3 Hub itself requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers). Supports Microsoft Windows 10 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux kernels 3.0 and later.
- Installing the latest USB 3.0 xHCI host controller drivers is recommended. This hub is not recommended for use with older Texas Instruments, Fresco Logic, Etron, or Wistron USB 3.0 host controllers.
- Older Mac Pros with USB 3.0 PCI Express add-on cards may not work with this or any USB 3.0 hub.
- The Apple SuperDrive is not compatible (see Apple HT201788).
- 2.4Ghz wireless devices such as keyboard/mouse receivers, Bluetooth and WiFi adapters, may not work in close proximity to USB 3.0 devices or hubs.
The most noticeable thing about this adapter is that there really isn’t anything bad to say about it. It functions great and does what it needs to do. It’s easy to use being plug-n-play. If you need something for your gaming setup this is a perfect solution for not only computers but for gaming consoles and accessories. You really can’t go wrong with this device.